Harness Design Engineer Needed for Defense Tech Startup
Greater Los Angeles
A $4.6B startup who has rapidly begun to take over the defense industry in the LA area is looking for a specific talent to join their team as a Harness Design Engineer. Their technology and team of experts is helping their customers solve their toughest obstacles through the use of artificial intelligence, computer vison, optics, senior fusion and data analysis.
If you're looking to join one of the leaders in the defense industry - apply now!
The Harness Design Engineer would be responsible for:
- Plan and document signal interconnections between system components by generating harness schematic drawings
- Research and select appropriate connectors, back-shells, contacts, wire, shielding, and cable construction for the product and environment
- Prepare harness assembly instructions and test procedures, incorporating your knowledge of industry standards and best practices
- Evaluate corrosion resistance, acceptable temperature range, UV tolerance, watertightness of interconnects through analysis and testing
- Simultaneously control involvement in multiple projects at various stages
The Harness Design Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- +3 years hands-on experience designing electrical harnessing for rugged commercial, industrial, aerospace, or military applications
- Familiarity with common electrical bus interfaces (CAN, Ethernet, RS422, RS232, USB) and fiber optics
- Familiarity with high voltage (>100VDC), single- and three-phase AC power
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling or similar harness design software