Responsible for overall site plant operations. Drives manufacturing operating policy to realize business strategy. Effectively develops teams that are able to achieve corporate improvement objectives. Creates a work environment which promotes safety and quality, while adhering to all regulated environmental guidelines. Accountable for all aspects of plant performance, and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that is consistent with quality requirements, ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Drives best practice through the organization and leads the implementation of improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Makes and/or approves major operating, business, engineering and operational decisions, as required, to ensure that plant is operating optimally.
- Managing Customer relationships in a positive and professional manner
- Directly, and through delegation, coordinates activities required to assure optimum safety compliance, field/shop/office efficiency, reliability, and quality in accordance with established contracts, agreements, policies and applicable regulatory laws and procedures
- Communicate, monitor and control the effective plant expenditure on labor, materials and expenses against issued budgets, ensuring accurate performance and reporting via standard site documentation and tools, and/or written reports to corporate.
- Ensure the correct implementation of all related project instructions; maintaining visibility of project progress against the agreed schedule, liaise and report on all matters of concern relating to the program, viability, safety, environmental, work quality and HR related performance.
- Ensure that project quality and safety requirements are applied in accordance with Company and statutory requirements.
- Eliminate complex bottlenecks for clients and develop long term culture of accountability and improvement
- Lead all site based continuous improvement efforts through the use of LEAN tools (Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, TPM, Visual Management, etc)
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Serve as subject matter expert continuous improvement (Kaizen) leader for clients across the US
- Build a formal Continuous Improvement teams and standardize Continuous Improvement efforts across multiple sites
- Help shape a company culture centered around continuous improvement in the pursuit of Operational Excellence
- Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Business
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Operations/Lean Management, preferably with a printing focus, and with P&L responsibility at the plant level is necessary.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in the Flexographic Printing or closely related industry
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in being the lead change agent in complex transformational activities.
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to manufacturing operations.
- Formal Lean training from an "academy" organization - either through direct consulting experience or via organizations with deep, well-established lean operating systems.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting KPI goals, including reducing supply chain costs, improving through-put, shortening cycle time, and improving inventory turns.
- Expert business knowledge
- Excellent proven communication skills