I am currently working with a leading bio-tech company that has operations in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
They are currently looking for an experienced procurement expert to join their expanding team in Amsterdam.
The business is experiencing high growth and expects this to continue over the coming months, so it's an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious company in a hugely rewarding industry.
About the role
You will actively participate in the strategic sourcing activities for this technical category and sub-category, with the goal of achieving cost reductions, while maintaining or improving products quality or vendor service levels. You will be part of a very driven and international team of Global Sourcing Managers and Operational Buyers that work very closely together on the many sub-categories to bring high Service Excellence to our internal stakeholders.
- Identify, evaluate & select suppliers, negotiate and close framework-agreements of Global & EU region products and services under the Procurement , Tech. & Maintenance Equipment sub-category.
- Drive product demand optimisation throughout the company via collaboration with the relevant units.
- Maintain and develop in-depth knowledge of suppliers, markets and trends.
- Perform best-in-class negotiation processes via analysis of supply & demand trends.
- Monitor performances of vendors and their compliance with their commitments.
- Build relationship with your global and regional (key) suppliers & actively manage them.