Title: Global Purchasing Manager
Company Summary: A forward thinking and emerging leader in the Electric Vehicle industry is not only a creator of luxury electric vehicles but also serves as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies.
The Global Purchasing Manager will be responsible for:
- The strategic and tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, and services to be used by the organization, in relation to Production and Engineering resources
- Overseeing all commercial activities with suppliers
- Interfacing with cross functional areas, including manufacturing, logistics, engineering, and supplier quality to meet program deliverables
The Global Purchasing Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business, or Engineering or equivalent Supply Chain Management experience.
- 10 - 15 years of experience in automotive purchasing (OEM or Tier 1).
- Support GSMs in sourcing "best value" products through domestic, international, and LCC suppliers. Manager should possess a basic understanding of product flow through import/export and customs/broker process.
- Understand commodity part manufacturing and component cost elements.