Global Commodity Manager - Wood
Work Status: Onsite
Location: Charlotte, NC
Our building materials industry client is looking to bring on a Global Commodity Manager - Wood will be to establish and execute a global sourcing strategy and initiatives focused on all cost reduction activities to support the business objectives and goals. This role will report into the Director of Global Sourcing.
The ideal candidate will have an deep understanding of procurement when it comes to buying wood/timber/lumber and working with those types of vendors. They also have experience applying VA/VE capabilities.
Global Commodity Manager - Wood Responsibilities:
- Initiate supplier identification, assessment, selection, and development processes
- Work closely with external supplier, internal company customers and stakeholders to understand their business needs/objectives, material/category requirements and broader manufacturing processes
- Measure and track supply performance within sourcing strategies
- Lead, guide and coach cross-functional team members through the implementation of global cost reduction projects
Global Commodity Manager - Wood Requirements:
- BS Required. Engineer, Business, and Supply Chain.
- Minimum 7+ years of Global Sourcing Category/Commodity Management with strategic sourcing strategy
- Global Commodity Management experience with minimum 5+ years in supply chain / sourcing
- Experience working for North American multinational environment due to Global Sourcing responsibilities