Want to work for a leading FMCG luxury goods firm? Then look no further! This fantastic Global Category Manager position for Professional Services role could your next job! If you're interested, please apply directly via the link, send me a Linked In message with your CV or email me directly at
As a Global Category Manager, you will be responsible for leading and supporting sourcing and business development projects within the Professional Services (Finance, HR, Strategy, overall system development etc.) and other smaller categories. Together with your colleagues and key stakeholders within the organization, you will identify sourcing opportunities as well as drive negotiation and relationship management with our suppliers. This includes development and implementation of sourcing and category strategies and conducting relevant change management activities to ensure that results are anchored in the organisation.
You will work in a high pace environment and be part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team which is facilitating best practice-sharing across all locations including our overseas locations. As Global Category Manager you are responsible for the following:
- Initiate and drive new cost saving initiatives, securing a constant solid saving pipeline - e.g. prepare and carry out larger tenders including negotiations and finalizing contracts in collaboration with our legal team
- Consolidate your spend globally in cooperation with both central decision makers and local stakeholders and effectively handle the long tail of suppliers
- Conduct in-depth market and vendor research, including identification and engagement of new suppliers
- A key driver of efficiency for the business, implementing processes that minimise the business "waste" while ensuring the day-to-day operations of the business runs smoothly
- Develop our vendor relationship management to include defining overall KPI's related to quality, delivery and costs to ensure defined targets are met
- Mapping and analysing data on current spend patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplaces
What's needed for you to succeed?
You have actively been involved in commercial activities for a minimum of 3 years where you have acquired experience in supplier negotiations, stakeholder management, contract management and project management - knowledge from Professional Services is an advantage.
It is important that you take leadership naturally and have high professional expectations for yourself and your colleagues. You are a strong communicator and you know how to "sell" your ideas effectively and also have the ability to work with various stakeholders, colleagues and vendors. You understand the value chain in large organisations and see the bigger picture. Finally, you have excellent communication and presentation skills, work fluently in English and use data to drive evidence-based decision-making.
As Formal Requirements You Have
- 3 years of experience from procurement with building strategies/business plans, category management and sourcing
- A master's degree in e.g. Business Administration, Economics, Law or Supply Chain Management
- An international mind-set and skilled at collaborating across functions in an international company, managing relations, vendors and other stakeholders at various levels in organizations
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with pragmatic approach
- Experience as a negotiator
About The Procurement Team
Strategic Procurement is established with the aim of bringing significant cost reductions, savings and optimizing vendor/partner relationships to the company. To achieve the potential, we have established a uniform and coordinated procurement approach within the company , by implementing a Centre of Excellence operating model. You will report to the Director of Global Indirect Procurement, who is based in Denmark. The position is located in our head office in Gentofte.