I am currently working with a leading luxury cigar company that has its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. It is listed on the Danish stock exchange and currently has over over 8000 employees, and achieved a turnover of €1.2 billion last year, and they looking for an indirect procurement expert to join their team as a Global Category Manager for Professional Services.
As a Global Category Manager, you will be responsible for leading and supporting sourcing and business development projects within the Professional Services (Finance, HR, Strategy, overall system development etc.) and other smaller categories. You will identify sourcing opportunities as well as drive negotiation and relationship management with our suppliers. This includes development and implementation of sourcing and category strategies and conducting relevant change management activities to ensure that results are anchored in the organisation.
* Initiate and drive new cost saving initiatives, securing a constant solid saving pipeline - e.g. prepare and carry out larger tenders including negotiations and finalising contracts in collaboration with our legal team
* Consolidate your spend globally in cooperation with both central decision makers and local stakeholders and effectively handle the long tail of suppliers
* Conduct in-depth market and vendor research, including identification and engagement of new suppliers
* A key driver of efficiency for the business, implementing processes that minimise the business "waste" while ensuring the day-to-day operations of the business runs smoothly
* Develop our vendor relationship management to include defining overall KPI's related to quality, delivery and costs to ensure defined targets are met
* Mapping and analysing data on current spend patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplaces
What's needed for you to succeed?
* 3 years of experience from procurement with building strategies/business plans, category management and sourcing
* A master's degree in e.g. Business Administration, Economics, Law or Supply Chain Management
* An international mind-set and skilled at collaborating across functions in an international company, managing relations, vendors and other stakeholders at various levels in the organisation
* Excellent communication skills both spoken and written English
* Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks with pragmatic approach
* Experience as a negotiator
If this sounds like an ideal job for you, please apply via the button or email me directly with your CV attached