Global Category Manager - Chemicals/Resins Sourcing
- Location: Greater Atlanta Area
Our client, a leading and global packaging organization, is looking for a Global Category Manager to manage different chemicals and resins commodities.
The Global Category Manager - Chemicals/Resins will play a key part in the expansion and development of the team's sourcing function, which includes managing, developing, and implementing regional strategies in alignment with the global vision and polices. The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility of leading the strategic initiatives across sourcing and contract negotiations for the assigned commodities, as well as leading a small team of 2-3 buyers.
The Global Category Manager - Chemicals/Resins Sourcing will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading global category management for assigned categories (primarily resins and a variey of chemicals) to deliver key category performance indicators, inclusive of savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc
- Developing and implementing global SRM programs for suppliers in order to continuously improve the performance of the suppliers
- Facilitating finished good projects across appropriate plant functional areas from start to completion, to include proper communication to suppliers, identification of metrics with measurement of success
- Working with Account Managers and key executives within the company to implement selling strategies / opportunities
- Interfacing with category leaders in regions, divisions, & groups as well as cross-functional stakeholders (quality, technical, operations, finance, etc.) to ensure all category sourcing activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities
- Developing different award optimization scenarios to minimize total cost of ownership and conduct post-implementation variance analysis
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Preferred)
- Chemicals or highly regulated industry experience preferred
- 6+ years of procurement / sourcing experience
- Willingness to travel up to 20% (once travelling for company resumes in 2021)