Role: Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Industry: Life Science/Defense
Location: Winona, Minnesota
Currently, DSJ Global is partnered with a leading Life Science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With the purpose of reinventing future forms of profess and creating sustainable shared values for all through the power of science, this company is looking at expanding their high-performing team with the addition of a Maintenance & Engineering Manager.
The Maintenance & Engineering Manager will:
- Leads, develops and coordinates systems and activities to assure site implementation of safe, accurate and cost effective production processes for the manufacture of advanced composite materials
- Leads and directs site maintenance activities to assure the safe implementation of related projects
- Reports to the Site Manager, and directs site Maintenance functions, site reliability, and site CAPEX management
- This position is responsible to assure the Maintenance and Facilities functions are executed in a safe, accurate and productive manner and the CAPEX excellence process is executed per the COMPANY group guidelines
- This position will also be a member of the site leadership team and as such will participate in solving problems related to the site
- Interfaces with various other site and corporate functional groups to lead or participate in cross functional problem solving teams, and deliver solutions
- Prepare and submit reports, including annual maintenance and capital budgets, and to work within these budget guidelines.
- Improve plant reliability through ABC ranking, bad actor lists, FMEA analysis, and Preventative Maintenance strategy development.
- Integrate project work into production schedule to efficiently complete work with minimal impact to plant production.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis on equipment failures to determine cause of failure and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment failures, operational issues, and maintenance items.
- Participate in Health, Environment & Safety related initiatives such as Operability Studies, HAZOPS, and incident investigations.
- Participate as a member of the site leadership team
As the Maintenance & Engineering Manager, you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Composite Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience, Master Degree desired
- Six Sigma Black Belt or manufacturing excellence experience preferred
- ~10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years Supervisory/Management experience
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Additional local benefits