As a critical part of their mid to long-term development, we are currently supporting this client to find a new Director of Vehicle Maintenance in Germany (opportunity for home/remote working). This position will be leading the service, aftersales and quality departments, as the business continues to take over their competitor's market share. As a growing e-commerce brand selling used cars online, they champion their supply-chain infrastructure as the key to their customer-satisfaction and are are eager to find a passionate leader to continue adding value.
The Director of Vehicle Maintenance will be responsible for:
- Checking and ensuring quality standards: You ensure compliance with and implementation of our standards in order to guarantee our customers a high-quality customer experience everywhere. You act as the Vehicle Quality Gate throughout Europe and are therefore primarily responsible for the final quality check of the vehicles before delivery to our customers.
- Dynamic fine-tuning: You react quickly to deviations from our quality standards, understand quality as a perfect claim and also take care of the removal of the smallest defects.
- Quality Gate: You are in constant contact with the production sites, advise and support them on the subject of quality and develop solutions together on site.
- Reporting to the EU Operations Director: You report regularly to the EU Operations Director and, in coordination with him, shape the subject of vehicle quality as a strategic lever on the market.
- Leadership for Team Leads Fleet Management & Service: You take ownership for the topic of service, convey a market-oriented service mindset and are the go-to person for your team leads.
The Director of Vehicle Maintenance should have the following skills:
- A background in the Automotive field; in the preparation and processing of new/used vehicles, in fleet management or in the field of vehicle technology/development.
- Experience in successfully leading large teams.
- Customer focused with a desire to always deliver the highest quality product.
- Data driven mindset and an analytic way of thinking.
- Very good communication skills, negotiating skills and persuasiveness.
- A flexible and creative way of thinking - adept to adapting in a start-up environment.
- German and English language skills; other European language skills are an advantage for upcoming roll-outs in the EU.
- Willingness to travel throughout the EU.
What the role offers you:
- Highly influential role, with a significant potential to shape the future of the European organisation
- Working for a highly ambitious organisation, leading developments within their sector
- Part of a diverse, international network of employees
- Opportunities to lead the growth and development of the European team
If you are interested in the Director of Vehicle Maintenance role, please do not hesitate to apply.