Director of Quality Opportunity
Our client, an innovative Food & Beverage company, is looking for a Director of Quality to join their growing facility in California. This company is committed to creating new solutions within their products that promote health and wellness, and they are looking for a likeminded individual to lead their Quality Department in optimizing the quality system and processes to support the company's growth. If you are a Sr. Quality Professional looking for a new role within the Food Production industry, this could be your next step!
The Director of Quality will be responsible for:
- Manage and oversee the entire Quality Department, including developing and implementing new quality plans / strategies, processes, and programs that supports the business's long-term goals
- Oversee and create plans for Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Supplier Quality, and Sanitation teams
- Promote and inspire a common vision and goal within the Quality Department to ensure compliance across the board
- Provide significant cross-functional leadership to help expansion of supply chain plans
- Hire, mentor, and coach junior quality employees
- Provide expertise and support to the food safety teams
- Maintain and improve quality systems and standards including:
- Change control, documentation systems, quality procedures, standards, and policies, product complaint management, internal / external audit programs, validation programs, quality systems reporting, CAPAs, material review boards, and vendor risk management.
- Continuous improvement investigations and root cause analysis activities
The Director of Quality should have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in quality systems management, within a food production / food & beverage or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience managing Food Safety Systems and related regulations and guidelines (FDA, GMP, HACCP, USDA, EPA, etc.)
- Lean certification preferred
- Education is pharmacognosy, chemistry, or related field. B.S. required; M.S. preferred.
- Experience in QMS, ERP, LIMS systems
- Minimum 5 years of direct leadership experience (must have overseen direct reports)
- Annual bonus and ample opportunities for career development
- Competitive base salary
- Relocation assistance!
- Health, Dental, Vision coverage
- 401K Benefits
- Standard working hours- no shifts!
If you are interested in the Director of Quality role, then please don't hesitate to apply!