Director of Operations required for Leading Chemical manufacturer
Greater Philadelphia, PA area
A world leader in chemical manufacturing that offer a variety of microbial / specialty product solutions on both the consumer and industrial side!
In this role you must ensure a safe and healthy work environment is maintained for the employees on site. This position directs the Manufacturing, Environmental, Production, Distribution, Quality, Human Resources, Safety, Customer Service, and purchasing functions at the plant level.
The Director of Operations should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Business, or related degree required
- Minimum 8 years manufacturing leadership experience running a plant
- 5+ Years in a heavily regulated manufacturing environment
- Experience with hazardous materials
- Strong knowledge and experience within cGMP environments
- Demonstrate an ability to be proactive in all phases of the operation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of Individuals at all levels of the company to achieve results
- Be active and engaged to build and promote a strong safety culture to achieve zero personal and process safety incidents
- Project management and understanding of business software's such as SAP
The Director of Operations will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensures the assigned plant area is operating to support executing production plans to meet business demand and investigate deviations from the set plan
- Participate in or lead investigation's regarding in safety, reliability, and customer complaints.
- Overseeing up to 100+ employees on site
- Implement changes in methods, equipment, systems, and organization, as needed, to assure that the objectives of the facility are met, and give input and recommendations for such changes by using a Continuous Improvement mindset
- Identify, troubleshoot, and prescribe innovative solutions to complex operational issues
- Ensure compliance with all company cGMP's standards and meet all guidelines for ISO 9001, local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Provide and implement plans regarding plant improvement to better plant success
- Responsible for the budget for the site. Setting priorities, ensuring site stays within budget, and focuses on continuous improvement to keep costs as low as possible.