A leading supply chain solutions and transportation company based in the greater Toronto area is looking for an experienced candidate to join their team at the main office! The ideal candidate will have experience in fleet and driver management, LTL/3PL experience, leading and developing teams, and more than 10 years of experience in supply chain leadership. This role is on-site and will require the candidate to be there most days.
- Ensure front-line operations utilize proper technology in the correct manner including TMS and other systems.
- Develop a strong team and give communications through staff and driver meetings.
- Promote and drive a safe work environment to ensure that safety measures are kept to an acceptable level.
- Full P&L responsibility for day-to-day operations
- Contribute to communication and strategy meetings as they involve new customer acquisition, customer retention, and other strategies.
- 10 years of experience in transportation.
- Budget planning and P&L experience.
- Flat Deck and Tanker experience is a REQUIREMENT.
- Class 1 experience is preferable.
- Experience with managing a large driver/team.
- Customer service experience in a business to business environment.