As the Director of Global Quality you will be responsible for the following:
1) Develop & Implement Quality Strategy: Implement strategies to improve and sustain Quality and Compliance from new product development to post-market surveillance and end of product life
2) Promote a strong Quality Culture: Ensure the company adopts a quality mindset that is fundamental to making safe and effective products that improve the grid. Compliance with all global regulatory standards and requirements is a natural byproduct of a strong Quality culture
3) Improve efficiency of the Quality System: Through partnering with the other functions, lead continuous improvement processes to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of Quality Systems
4) Error Proof Assembly Processes: Through partnering with the other functions, develop error proofing systems throughout our assembly and fabrication processes
New Product Development Launches
Improve Supplier Quality along with dramatic improvements to throughput of the PPAP and APQP process
Work directly with customers on critical quality concerns, able to collaborate with customer quality teams, Sales, and Engineering to ensure continued improvement to Customer Quality.
Lead Analytical Lab Services group
Coordinate internal and external audits.
Mentor and lead a diverse and inclusive global quality team
Progress quality vision and organizational framework for comprehensive global supplier quality coverage
Coordinate with Global Sourcing leadership to ensure unified global supplier risk and onboarding procedures
Establish framework for supplier data monitoring, contract enforcement, and execution of site and process audits for new and existing suppliers
Ensure that all critical supplier processes are established and under control through use of capability analysis, risk management, control and monitoring systems
Advance S&C's robust system for non-conformance and SCAR issuance and resolution with an emphasis on closed-loop root cause and corrective actions
Partner with supply chain leaders to set measurable improvement targets for critical suppliers and participate in critical supplier reviews on a regular cadence
Work with Field Service, RMA, and Finance teams to create a closed loop system for tracking end to end quality and improving quality systems through leveraging good data and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience leading a production environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coaching, and developing a global team
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy and ensuring budgetary alignment
- Understands the art of nuance and has strong communication skills with ability to align other functional leaders and teams around vision. Confident in presenting to executives on fast moving program
- Flexible and agile; able to pivot to changing circumstances and business demands
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management systems, SCARs, and 4 step problem solving process (8D), APQP
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis
- High level Six Sigma Lean Certification highly beneficial
- Comprehensive experience leading in a Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Engineering (QE) environment within mechanical or electrical engineering, or similar arena.
- Working knowledge of all Quality Systems required for manufacturing and successful implementation of ISO 9001, six sigma and lean manufacturing programs.
- Thorough understanding of facility design and operating principles for design and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability in lead change in a quality capacity. Strong understanding and ability to critically review Quality Systems, Engineering and Compliance.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Good practical understanding of finance and business analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or related discipline. Advanced degree is desired (PhD, M.S. or MBA) as well as any professional certifications (i.e. RAC, Six Sigma, ASQ certifications).
- Prior experience in a senior leadership role setting strategic direction for the company's quality & regulatory policies and procedures is desired.
- Capability to engage, influence and motivate leaders of all levels utilizing strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled in human relations, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Able to systematically identify and resolve complex problems with an analytical data driven approach and creative thinking
- Demonstrated accountability for ensuring supplier products (raw materials, components, FG) adhere to the Quality requirements.
- The Director role is responsible for driving departmental strategy, budget, improvement initiatives, and creating an organizational structure capable of achieving S&C's strategic long term growth plans.
- This role will partner heavily with Sourcing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and other Quality teams.