Title: Commodity Manager
Summary: A fast paced environment in a well-established, rapidly growing medical device company. For the past century they have been at the forefront of the medical device industry and in the past year has been voted as a top 100 most innovative company in the world. The Commodity manager will be responsible for developing and managing the Purchasing strategy for an identified portfolio of material groups within the OSTA spend portfolio to maximize supplier value in the areas of cost quality and innovation. Are you a highly motivated individual that can excel in a fast-paced environment? This established company is searching for candidates that will thrive in this type of work environment and who will identify and develop an effective supply base for all major OTSA material groups.
The Commodity Manager will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain a short medium- and long-term strategy around supplier management and development of all major OSTA material groups to help ensure high quality cost effective parts are supplied to new product development teams and manufacturing facilities.
- Develop and implement mitigation and remediation strategies in coordination with the internal functions. (e.g., Advance Sourcing Materials Supplier Quality etc.)
- Provide input to Supplier Review Boards (SRBs) and define Supplier Performance improvement plan for underperforming suppliers to drive improvements to Purchasing KPIs in alignment with KPIs of the manufacturing facilities.
- Lead mentor train and develop the OEM buyer(s) through clear objectives including goal setting performance management and reviews and driving Key Performance Indicators.
The Strategic Sourcing, Analyst III should have the following qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in purchasing or commodity management
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Engineering or business-related discipline
- Excellent analytical skills with a deep understating of Microsoft Office applications
- Competitive 401k
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules
- Healthy work-life balance
If you are interested in the Commodity Manager role, then please don't wait to apply