Category Lead - IT
Location: Oakbrook, IL (Hybrid)
A Fortune 100 Company in Illinois is looking for a new member of their team who is ready to leverage their IT technical expertise while simultaneously adding a fresh perspective to this industrial leading company. This Hybrid position is perfect for someone looking to both lead and grow within a company, handling terms negotiation, supplier relationships, and overall business leadership from day one with a company that is well-established and respected from a global standpoint.
- Optimizing IT knowledge to lead both commercial and legal negotiations with vendors to alleviate risk, increase value for customers, and benefit the organizations and its needs (including negotiating vendor author agreements)
- Develop and lead sourcing strategies and taking on the responsibility of category purchases as well as emergent issues when needed.
- Lead (both within and external to Supply) personnel to reach objectives both in related categories and across a multitude of sourcing initiatives. Assign tasks prioritizing competing needs to support initiatives and other Supply projects.
- Hold initial point of contact for all supplier issues - both systemic and recurring. Maintain and manage relationships with supplier and business stakeholders. Ensure all terms in contract are being met and exceeded by monitoring supplier performance.
- Manage and oversee associated purchases including: IT technology, cybersecurity, NERC, and its Critical Infrastructure Program (CIP) and vendor affiliation governance processes; Execute category spend and risk analysis while implementing strategies to mitigate risk.
- Direct specialists and contract administrators within assigned categories.
- Carry out best practices in category management, tracking market trends to maintain and apply up to date knowledge on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Science OR a related field with a minimum of five (5) years experience OR nine (9) years experience with a High School diploma.
- 3-5 years experience in IT category sourcing and/or IT technical experience (software, hardware, professional services, telecom)
- Project and change management skills
- Knowledge of category and supply management concepts and cross functional team management and facilitation skills.Conflict management experience preferred.
- Skilled and persuasive communication and negotiation skills
- Data Analysis and MS Office application expertise
- Available for travel as business needs require!
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan
- Work From Home