Company Summary: An up-and-coming international food retailer is seeking a Category Buyer to help grow and source for their rapidly expanding business. This individual will be responsible for creating and developing partnerships with vendors, overseeing purchasing spend, working cross-functionally with R&D, Engineering, and Marketing. The position is fast paced, requires a lot of responsibility and optimal organizational skills. This company is a tight-knit organization with a strong company culture and is looking for an individual who will hit the ground running and move the position and the department forward.
The Category Buyer will be responsible for:
- Drive sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in your category
- Responsible for the monthly review and reporting of all aspects of their Category and KPI's
- Prime negotiation skills, driving innovation and category advancements
- Determines the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Consistently working with strong communication skills, organizational skills, and cost-savings initiatives
- Striving to move up and grow within the company and lead the team reflective of this
The Category Buyer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or other related field required
- 3+ years of related experience in merchandising, forecasting and product selection in food industry
- Experience managing and creating new categories of business in an extremely competitive environment
- Self-starting, scrappy and resourceful work ethic and integrity
- Experience in direct procurement in food/beverage
If you are interested in the Category Buyer role, then please don't wait to apply.