A global manufacture of heat transfer & thermal technology is in search for a Buyer/Materials Planner for their newly added business unit. Our client expanded a new vertical within the organization focusing on providing thermal management for the Electric Vehicle market and are making immense progress establishing themselves at the forefront of this sector.
The Buyer/Materials Planner will be responsible for managing the purchasing while simultaneously planning the required materials. The ideal candidate will have 3-4+ years with tactical buying and planning composed of complex direct materials in a manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities for the Buyer/Materials Planner:
- Responsible for and manages purchasing, materials requirements planning, and supplier relationship management
- Monitoring market trends using mitigation strategies for critical supply disruption points in upstream value chain
- Manage component, supplies, and logistics to assure that daily production schedules are maintained
- Utilize SAP to track customer requirements while working with the suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of components and on-time shipping performance to customers
- Managing the demand of finished goods inventory \
- Propose implementation for cost-reduction strategies and delivery improvement projects
- BS degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Logistics, Operations, Business, or any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years Materials Control and/or buying experience working with MRP or ERP software; SAP experience is preferred
- Experience with purchasing electrical and refrigeration system componets is highly desirable
- Understanding of IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 and how it relates to the materials group is beneficial
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 2-weeks paid vacation, 1 week sick leave and Holiday leave
- Financial & Retirement (401k Plan)