Summary of the Automation Engineering Manager:
Join a leading pharmaceutical company that prioritizes employee growth and development. We are seeking a dynamic Automation Engineering Manager for our client, to lead automation design engineering, procurement, and qualification efforts for strategic capital projects, operational improvements, and troubleshooting initiatives. If you are a visionary leader with a strong background in pharmaceutical automation, this role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the organization.
Responsibilities of the Automation Engineering Manager:
- Spearhead and lead strategic initiatives to enhance process efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Develop and implement programs to minimize mechanical failures and procedural errors, ensuring the highest success rate for production operations.
- Lead projects to address process and production issues, drive process improvements, and introduce new products into manufacturing, all while maintaining the highest quality standards and fostering continuous improvement in areas such as product cost, asset utilization, cycle times, and equipment reliability.
- Recruit, motivate, and develop key employees. Cultivate a culture of efficient execution and continuous improvement, creating an environment where individuals and teams excel.
- Ensure compliance with quality policies and procedures related to validation activities.
- Oversee projects such as new equipment design and procurement, automation implementation, and electronic management system installation.
Qualifications of the Automation Engineering Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- 7-10 years of experience in pharmaceutical automation and/or engineering roles.
- 5+ years of broad experience in cGMP facilities, engineering, and automation activities.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Experience with facility monitoring systems and/or programming.
- Project/equipment and automation and/or engineering experience.
- Validation experience is a plus.