Title: Automation & Electrical Reliability Superintendent
Location: Jackson AL
Company: Fortune 500 Paper/Pulp
Overview: One of the largest paper/pulp manufacturers in North America is searching to add an Automation & Electrical Reliability Superintendent to its team in southern Alabama. In this role, you will provide direction and leadership to ensure the maintenance repair, and installation of mill automation and electrical equipment. Strong leadership skills are imperative as you will lead a team of automation technicians to maintain and improve existing equipment. If you're interested in joining a 150+ year industry leader that and can provide long-term job stability, this role is for you!
- Responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive plans to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and the efficient deployment of automation maintenance personnel.
- Collaborate closely with operational departments to provide valuable maintenance insights for long-term automation equipment decisions while ensuring maximum equipment uptime.
- Facilitate the procurement of external contractor services and necessary equipment to meet departmental requirements, and oversee the selection, training, and evaluation of hourly and salaried automation maintenance personnel.
- Conduct performance evaluations and manage salary administration to foster a high-performing maintenance team.
- Contribute to daily and weekly planning processes to optimize work schedules and manpower assignments from a cost-effective standpoint.
- Establish, refine, implement, and monitor an automation preventive maintenance program to mitigate unscheduled downtime effectively.
- Partner with operational departments to provide input into shutdown scheduling and long-term equipment decisions, ultimately maximizing equipment uptime.
- Coordinate external services when needed to align with departmental objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with maintenance personnel, the Purchasing Department, Engineering Department, Production Departments, various sales representatives, and contractors to drive operational excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering coupled with a minimum of 3+ years of hands-on automation experience OR an Associates Degree in a related field, supported by 7+ years of substantial job experience.
- Proficiency in the operation, repair, and maintenance of automation equipment, including drives, Allen Bradley PLCs
- Virtual Servers and Networking (preferred)
- Pulp/paper industry experience (preferred)
- Minimal to no travel
- Professional growth and advancement
- Education assistance
- Generous holiday time
- Retirement savings and 401K