A Global Specialist in Energy & Automation Manufacturing is searching to add an Automation & Controls Engineer to their team at their Lexington, KY facility. This is a Smart Factory with a Union environment. If you are looking for a chance to learn new skills, take your career to the next level, and establish your mark on the future of this industry this is the role for you!
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000 - 5-10% Bonus
As an Automation and Control Engineer, a typical day for you might include…
- Controls/Technical support for 1st Shift production including fabrication, metal finishing, and assembly, through troubleshooting and determining root causes for downtime events.
- Production barrier identification and elimination for various levels of automation including: stamping presses, welders, conveyors, automated assembly, and robotics.
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including: robotics, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, pneumatic/hydraulic distribution
- Design and develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Coordinate with production and maintenance on existing machine control modifications or installations
- Create, maintain and keep current all documentation: electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs.
- Implement and maintain data collection system for shop floor production equipment
- 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment as an automated and controls engineer
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field
- Experience with Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Systems
- Project Management Experience