Title: Assistant Director Aftermarket Purchasing
Company Summary: A global leader in design, manufacturing and customer support of premium trucks is looking for an Assistant Director of Purchasing to join their team in the Seattle area. This profitable, stable company offers endless opportunity for advanced career mobility and great benefits package. They are looking for a strong leader to assist wit their aftermarket purchases.
The Assistant Director of Purchasing Will be Responsible for:
- Supervising training and developing Commodity Managers to support contract negotiations and supplier administration
- Working with management to determine group goals such as cost savings, lead-time reduction, on-time shipment and key business initiatives
- Working cross functionally with different departments like Product Marketing, Materials and Corporate Purchasing, Finance, etc.
- Overseeing Aftermarket Purchasing cost management progression and goal attainment
- Leading initiatives to improve processes that improve Commodity Manager efficiency in managing RFQs, rebates and PO discrepancies
- Analyzing market and data trends
The Assistant Director of Purchasing Should Have the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or related field
- 5 or more years of purchasing experience in Heavy Manufacturing Automotive environment
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Masters or MBA preferred